Sign up for our newsletter
Receive offers, news, experiences and much more from us and our players.
Pers Awten/Pers aften/Sankt Peters Aften is a Northern Frisian tradition, reminiscent of the day Saint Hans as we all know. It is a campfire with speeches, which are celebrated on February 21 every year, along the coast of Romo and the mainland, in fact all the way up the southern Jutland coast. In Northern Frisian the tradition is called: Biikebrånen. Biike is used today in seaman's language and means beacon.
It is not strange that it is related to the seaman's language, as many Frisians and Jutlanders have worked as seafarers for the last few hundred years. So Pers Awten became a kind of big farewell party for the sailors, who went to Greenland to catch whales. Originally Pers Awten dates from pagan times, when the fire was a sacrificial gift to the Nordic gods. Later, it has been a ritual to celebrate the cold winter.
Typical for Pers Awten / Pers Evening, delicious green cabbage is served.
Then you can now participate in our “picture of the month” competition 📅🏞️
You participate by posting a picture on Instagram with the hashtag:
The rules are simple:
- The picture must have been taken that month
- The picture must be from the Romo-Tønder area
- The picture must of course be taken by yourself
- You can upload a maximum of 2 images per month
What does one win? 🎉
- The picture will be posted on our social media as well as our website with credit to you as the best picture of the month